Saturday, October 2, 2010

Powerpoint in the classroom....



So I made a small powerpoint presentation for my grades 7-10 students about literary terms. I thought it might be good for them to have something to look at while I was talking.
Today I showed it to Sam and then we went over a short story, 'Bread' by Margaret Atwood, and discussed the terms in comparison to the story. Sam did pretty well! I was impressed!
We then moved on to some grammar exercises that were in a book I borrowed from the Curriculum lab. However, I think the book was a bit too easy for him so I'll have to see what else I can find.
I have to say that I am really impressed with the questions Sam asks. Every session he has asked at least one good question so at least I know he is interested in learning and is thinking about what he has been learning!

Right now we are starting work on a book report. He has chosen to read "Holes" from my portable Library. Hopefully he really enjoys it and I can actually get him in to reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment